Wimmera UnitingCare can support you to make your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan real by connecting you to services so you can get on with living the way you choose.
We understand that you want to:
- get your plan set up easily and quickly
- have someone meet with you to understand your expectations
- make the most of your plan
- ask questions and talk to someone about your hopes
- find services and community supports that are right for you
- feel confident and capable to coordinate your supports in future.
How we support you
We start by getting to know you at a face-to-face meeting at a time and location that suits you. From there, we’ll work in partnership with you to:
- access and understand your NDIS plan
- create a myGov account on the internet and use your NDIS activation code to start your plan
- provide access to a computer and the internet if you don’t have one
- develop actions to achieve your goals
- find providers who offer value for money and quality services
- connect to services and develop service agreements
- build your confidence to self-manage supports in the future
- turn your goals into outcomes.
If you require more intensive support our experienced staff can also work with you and your support network to:
- coordinate your supports from a range of mainstream and disability providers
- increase your capability to coordinate your services
- resolve issues during times of crisis, and
- build your ability to overcome challenges independently in the future.
We have seen that an NDIS plan works really well when all of your services work together with the guidance of an experienced Support Coordinator who sees the big picture.
We know the NDIS. Our team has a track record of supporting people with disability to achieve their NDIS goals. We make it our business to understand your situation to ensure you access the right services and specialists. We’re not afraid to build your skills so you can access services and supports for yourself, even if it means you won’t need us anymore. If your needs change, or you need further assistance, we welcome the opportunity to work with you again anytime you need.
Talk to us today for a free discussion about whether we are right for you.
For people living in the Horsham area, please contact 1800 195 114 or email email@example.com
For people living in the Ararat area, please contact 1300 UC NDIS (1300 82 6347)