As a Child Wise Child Safe Organisation we:
- Are committed to protecting children in our care.
- Understand the nature and risks of child abuse and have an open and aware culture.
- Discuss and report child abuse safely.
- Have policies and procedures in place to protect children and staff.
- Have established and maintain a child safe environment as the main consideration in all our activities and management practices.
- Ensure all service users and participants are aware of our organisational policy and commitment to child protection.
- Are preventative not reactive.
- Understand and act on the moral and legal imperatives of protecting children in our care.
- Acknowledge the damage an incident of abuse would do to a child, their family, and people within and outside our organisation and with our organisation itself.
- Have safeguards to protect children, staff, volunteers and the organisation.
- Have clear boundaries of roles between staff and children.
- Are open to outside accountability.
- Have staff and volunteers who are adequately supervised and trained.
- Recognise and act on children's rights.
- Do all that we can to protect all children.
For more information about Child Wise and Child Safe Certification, click here.