Families as Planning Partners Course
Wimmera UnitingCare, in partnership with VALiD Inc, are hosting a Families as Planning Partners Course throughout May.
The course is designed to assist parents & families of people with disability to get updated on the many changes in the disability services area.
The course has four key sessions and an optional session:
1. NDIS introduction & the families' role
2. Getting your point across effectively
3. NDIS planning and why have a person-centered plan
4. The NDIS funding & purchasing process
5. Consolidating your plan (Optional session)
The main course has four sessions and attendees are asked to commit to attending the whole course. Please note that there are limited places and you will be notified if you are successful in gaining a place in the course and of the venue.
Registrations close on April 10. Please contact Christine Scott, Donna Shaw or Maree Hewitt at VALiD on 9416 4003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan My Future - Now accepting Expressions of Interest
Wimmera UnitingCare provided free Plan My Future workshops to support people to prepare for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which started in the Central Highlands on 1 January 2017.
Our free, practical Plan My Future workshops explain how to:
- check your eligibility for the NDIS and apply for access
- set, review and achieve your goals
- use a free take-home goal planning workbook, and
- access additional support from the community or advocacy organisations.
The workshops are also an opportunity to ask questions about the scheme and what it means for you.
Plan My Future workshops
We are currently accepting Expressions of Interest to attend a workshop. Fill out the form below to register.
If you have difficulties registering online, please call Rhiannon on 0417 552 048